Now’s your chance to join the Village of Benton team!
The Village of Benton is seeking qualified applicants to fill the Deputy Clerk /Treasurer position. Applicants should have strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, organizational, banking and computer skills. Proficient software knowledge, including Word and Excel, a plus. Part–time hours of 24 hours per week. Wages commensurate with experience.
Please visit www.bentonwi.us/forms-permits/ to complete an Employment Application. Submit your application and a current resume to [email protected] no later than 4:00 PM on Friday, June 9.
Specific job duties assisting the Village Clerk/Treasurer will include:
- Answer telephone, take messages, handle residents questions, prepare work orders as needed
- Enter utility payments and daily bank deposits
- Load meter reader, download meter readings into computer, run pre-billing registers, and check for errors.
- Handle requests from utility customers
- Assist auditor when necessary and PSC reporting
- Record retention
- Attend training as deemed necessary
- Substitute for Village Clerk/Treasurer as needed – vacation, illness, etc.
- Issue permits and licenses
- Assist with agenda, meeting postings and meeting minutes
- Ordering office supplies
- Typing letters and developing data bases when necessary
- Assists with Elections
- State and other required reporting
- Quarterly newsletter
- Perform any other tasks as required
- Verify and enter invoices for claims against the Village.
- Monthly billing and collection of electric, water, sewer, and refuse
- Property tax collection
- Issuance of utility disconnect notices and deferred payment agreements
- Issuance and collection of fees for dog licenses